Jobs bei World Vision International
2 fulltime positions - 2 year contracts located in the Netherlands, Germany or alternatively Belgium
World Vision has engaged in a new strategy towards the European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (DG ECHO). This strategy looks at building relationships and common understanding, positioning World Vision as a global and European humanitarian actor, as well as enhancing quality and volume of grants.
In the framework of World Vision Global ambition and focus on fragile contexts, WV ECHO certified partners and other offices of the WV Partnership collaborate together. The objective of this collaboration is to reach more vulnerable children & growing grants in fragile contexts through increasing WV’s ECHO portfolio.
In this context, World Vision is recruiting 2 full time experts, who will accompany this challenging but exciting process by providing adequate expertise.
The 2 positions will be key for World Vision to become a key ECHO player and a trusted partner by ensuring compliance and adherence to ECHO key requirements and humanitarian standards. While working under the respective line management of 2 ECHO-certified WV offices, the experts will work within a coordinated structure pooling efforts and resources, in close collaboration with the WV EU Representation team.
What you can find:
You will find a dynamic international organisation that promotes flexible working hours and flat hierarchies. Moreover, WV promotes a cordial and respectful intercultural corporate culture shaped by Christian values.
- Support the development and implementation of the ECHO organisational growth strategy.
- Develop appropriate work plan for successful implementation of Strategy.
- Capacitate WV Field Offices in accessing and implementing quality ECHO funding and ensure sustainable growth of the ECHO portfolio through transfer of knowledge.
- Ensure key ECHO requirements are respected and institutionalised by Field Offices (e.g. needs assessments, ECHO policies, SPHERE standards, CHS).
- Support WV in developing tools (e.g. MEAL), methodologies and protocols for quality ECHO grants submission and implementation.
- Propose improvements in reporting, documentation and compliance systems.
- Support WV for capacity-building measures (including formal and on-the-job training) in grant acquisition, management and compliance with ECHO policies and standards in humanitarian response.
- Support the establishment of organisational coordination mechanism for ECHO strategy and actively participate in such mechanisms.
- Lead relevant task forces to establish working protocols, tools and acquisition and management processes.
What we are looking for:
You are a communicative personality and would like to use your specialist knowledge, your experience and your commitment for our children's aid organisation. You also stand out through the following experiences and skills:
- Excellent knowledge of DG ECHO and EU Humanitarian environment.
- Significant experience in ECHO project acquisition, management and grant compliance procedures in the field and/or HQ.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience at national or international level in supporting humanitarian programme/project operations.
- Coordination, interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills, allowing to bring together different stakeholders to achieve the envisioned objectives and ability to steer such processes.
- Significant experience in training, capacity-building, and mentoring.
- Budgetary, financial management skills, experience in MEAL tools or expertise in the Shelter sector is a plus.
- Masters or BA degree in a relevant field
- Strong written and spoken communication in English. French and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Ability to travel frequently - the position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically (within Europe) and internationally (fragile contexts) up to 30% of the time.
- Subscribes to the Vision and Mission of World Vision. Recognises him/herself in the core capabilities of World Vision.
These are full time positions.
Duration of the contract: two years, with possibility of extension.
2 candidates will be selected for two different locations.
Locations: the positions will be placed either in WV Germany office in Friedrichsdorf near Frankfurt, or in WV
Netherlands in Amersfoort; alternatively, one position could be located in the WV EU Representation in Brussels,
The contract will be done according to the labor legislation of the country where the candidate is posted.
To apply, please send your CV, motivation letter (with mention of intended start date and salary expectations), as well as preferred location post, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions related to this position can be submitted before 5th March 2021 by email to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 9th March 2021 at 17:00 CET.
Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy:
The safety of children and (young) adults is very important to World Vision. World Vision therefore does not accept any form of abuse. Safeguarding is a part of our recruitment procedures. Performing background checks is also part of our recruitment procedures. Working for World Vision means you have to provide us a recent certificate of conduct and 2 references. The references must comply with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. This means that there will be a background check into possible Safeguarding incidents at former employers. More information about the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme can be found here.